Ain't she purdy? I was so pleased to hear that I, moi, ich, have been nominated for the Liebster Award! Special thanks, merci, danke, to a lovely lady and wonderful blogger by the name of Amie - creator of Bombay Girl on an Island who nominated me for this award. What a way to encourage us to keep on truckin', bloggin' (and datin')! Originally from Bombay, now persuing her PHD in London, Amie's blog has got some great photography, and awesome fashion tips! Check it out!
What’s a Liebster Award you ask? The award is for new bloggers with less than 200 followers, who deserve some support, recognition and encouragement. ‘Liebster’ comes from the German verb ‘lieben’ – to love, meaning dearest or beloved... I am flattered, Dear Amie! :)
It's good Karma folks, let's reward the well-deserved!
Here are the rules should you choose to accept: 1. List 3/5/11 facts about yourself (I've decided to keep this to 5 facts) 2. Answer the 3/5/11 questions given to you. 3. Create 3/5/11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award. 4. Choose 5 bloggers with 200 or less followers to nominate. 5. Go to each bloggers page and let them know about the award. 6. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
Et voilà, so let's begin!
A few facts about yours truly:
1. I love sports and a massive Toronto Maple Leafs fan (no judgement, people!)
2. I'm a huge emotional sap, I weep at everything from puppy commercials to marriage proposals, even if I've never met you. If I'm in a crowd of people - like at a sporting event or a concert - and there's a standing ovation... it's over.
3. Although, I have tear ducts for eyeballs, I've got a black belt in Karate and I'm currently training for a Muay Thai competition in February. Hi-ya! No tears in the ring!
4. I have a dog, Mickey, A Japanese Spitz and he's 15 years old.
5. I tend to blackout when I drink, although I'm getting much better at controlling myself in my late-20s age.
Here are my responses to Amie's questions:
1. What makes you happy?
-My family, they always know how to put a smile on my face.
-Food. Good food also knows how to put a smile on my face.
2. If you could go back in time, and be a historical figure, who would it be and why?
- John Lennon.To me, he is the definition of YOLO. He was a musical genius, who wasn't afraid to express himself, who loved love and loved to show love to his wife, friends and ultimately to the world.
3. What would you like to change about yourself, if anything?
-Physically, I'd like better hair. It's too thin! And to STOP biting my nails.
-Mentally, I'm learning to be more patient. I'm SO impatient. About every aspect of life.
And now, the blogs I think deserve the award... drum roll please!
New York Cliché
My questions to YOU:
1. What is your dream job?
2. If you could change one thing about your government's laws what would it be?
3. If you had the chance to kiss, just one kiss, anyone in this world - dead or alive, who would it be and why?
And that's a wrap!
Now, go check out the blogs of these lovely peeps... and I'll let them know about the award!
La Blonde xx