But you’ve heard talk about a so called “Super Bowl” going on tonight. And like any young, hip, fun chick you’re heading to the bar with your friends to go celebrate the big game, duh. Maybe even invited to a Super Bowl Party? Even though you have no idea who’s playing, how many points a touch down is, or wait… what’s a touch down?
I’m here to provide you with a little quick insight on how to ‘look’ like a total sports buff, and even carry a convo without looking like you’re just jumping on the pretend-football-I’m-just-here-to-check-out-all-the-hot-jocks-at-the-bar-bandwagon. Slash, the best bandwagon to be on. Ever. I love that bandwagon.
Mixed with a little liquid courage, you're sure to impress any dude (or lady!!) at tonight's Super Bowl!
So, let’s fake it ‘til we make a 43-yard touchdown pass:
Things you’ll need to know about tonight's big game:
1. 47th Super Bowl: Baltimore Ravens vs. San Francisco 49ers
2. 49ers looking for their 6th championship, Ravens looking for their 2nd
3. Super Bowl 47 is being played in New Orleans
4. Battle of the brothers: Opposing coaches are brothers – The Harbaugh brothers
(Ravens Coach John Harbaugh vs. 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh)
5. Joe Flacco – Ravens quarterback (veteran player)
6. Colin Kaepernick – 49ers quarterback (newer player)
7. A touchdown = 6 points, that team has option for an extra point (kicking the ball between the goal posts) OR option to run in the ball into the enzone= 2 points.
8. 11 players in total, 4 downs – each team has 4 “downs” or tries to make a touchdown.
9. Winning players earn $88,000 each; losing players earn $44,000 each
10. Don’t worry too much about the plays, or how really the game plays…it's so varied, no one really knows.
Fun Super Bowl Facts:
1. Over 100M people will watch in the U.S. alone; in 2012 there were 111.3 million viewers
2. $800 is the lowest face value of a ticket
3. Last year, fans spent $125 million for chicken wings
4. National Chicken Council predicts people in the U.S. will eat 1.23 billion chicken wings during Super Bowl weekend
5. The Vince Lombardi Trophy is awarded to the winning team is sterling silver trophy created by Tiffany
6. Halftime show preformed by Beyoncé… you go girl!!
7. 3,581,385 have attended Super Bowl games
8. The game will be played in 185 countries and broadcast in 30 languages.
So, now that you're a pro in NFL football, go engage in a confident grid-iron chat with that good-looking jock across the bar that's been eyeballin' you all day!
Remember to occasionally yell "what kind of a pass was that!" or "Woah, did you see that hit?!" while you're at it. That always helps.
As for me, I'll be rooting for the 49ers - they seem to be doing everything that the Ravens are also doing just a little bit better. Their QB is way young, but super dynamic and has been unreal all season. Although, San Fran may be slightly more diverse and may have the advantage, the Ravens have some serious heart and passion for the sport. It will all come down to forced power vs. heart power.
See, I just faked it.... could you tell?
La Blonde #18 xx